Neck Pain Treatment in Portland, OR
When you work with your chiropractor in Portland OR, you may be able to reduce your pain and improve your mobility. At Laurelhurst Chiropractic, our team provides holistic, comprehensive care for patients experiencing neck pain for a number of reasons.
Understanding Cervical Neck Pain
The neck, also known as the cervical spine, contains seven vertebrae responsible for holding the full weight of your head in place. The flexibility of the spine and neck muscles allow your head to turn and flex, creating the movement you need. When you experience cervical neck pain, this indicates that the alignment of the vertebrae is not proper or that there is inflammation in the muscles there. Overextending, repetitive motion, falls, forceful impacts to the head, and extended sitting can create this type of tension and pressure.
How Your Chiropractor in Portland Can Help with Neck Pain Causes
When you work with your chiropractic on Portland, our team will help to determine what the underlying cause of your pain is so that the proper treatment can be used. Common causes of neck pain include:
- Injuries or accidents to the head or neck, including whiplash. Whiplash occurs when the head moves suddenly in one direct and rebounds against it, causing the tissues in the neck and head to overextend. Car accidents are a common cause.
- Degenerative disc disease can cause changes in the discs in between the vertebrae, creating pressure on the nerves.
- Spinal stenosis can create compression and trapping of nerves, causing pain.
- Getting older can increase your chances of developing various conditions.
- Poor posture, obesity, and weak abdominal muscles can all create neck and back pain, due to the limited balance in the spine.
If you have limited movement of your neck, pain or discomfort, inflammation, or other symptoms of neck pain, contact our team for support.
Getting Neck Pain Treatment in Portland
You can get neck pain treatment in Portland that’s right for your needs from your Portland chiropractor. When you come in to see our team, we’ll conduct a full examination to determine the underlying cause of your pain. We’ll then recommend a treatment right for you. This may include manual adjustments of the spinal column to reduce pressure on the nerves and discs. Spinal adjustments are not painful, but your Portland chiropractor will use gentle force to properly position the vertebrae.
We may also recommend additional treatment including massage therapy and acupuncture. These are treatments that can help improve your body’s ability to heal while also helping to soothe muscles in the neck area. Many people can benefit from our customized whiplash treatments that incorporation a range of services all with the goal of creating whole-body healing.
Contact Our Team for Neck Pain Relief in Portland
For neck pain relief in Portland, call Laurelhurst Chiropractic. Our experienced team is available to discuss any of your needs. Call us today at (503)234-4288. We offer a no-charge consultation to help you learn how we can help you.